View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 08:16 AM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A good effort, and an interesting set of laws. A few areas bother me:
  • The guidelines state that a consumer can record a broadcast/cable/satellite movie or TV program exactly once, and once it's played back, it must be deleted.
  • It forbids you to make a collection of your favorite TV shows to keep.
  • It states that you can watch said recording with your family or friends, but not at a public gathering, but there are no definitions that designate how many friends you can have, or exactly how you must arrange your watching venue, before the venue becomes "public." (Example, does this mean I can't watch a recording on my patio where my neighbors can see it?)
  • It states that you can copy a VHS tape to a digital player, but you cannot copy a DVD to a portable player.
  • It states that you cannot make a backup CD, but you can make a compilation CD, as long as the song order is changed.

Some of these guidelines seem vague at best, and draconian at worst.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote