View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
KevisHendrickson
Zealot
KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sporadic,

The formatting issues that Krisk refers to did exist in the early kindle version of my book. I took my publisher to task over releasing an embarrassingly sloppy version of my book and have since had them resolve the formatting issue. I assure you, the current version of my kindle book is on the level.

I have to admit, I'm clueless about the "confusing language" that Krisk mentions. My book has gotten terrific reviews and none of those readers found the writing to be confusing or condescending. Quite the opposite in fact. I can only assume that Krisk doesn't enjoy my writing style which is written in the storyteller mode.

I'll be honest, if you're looking for a fantasy book that reads like a screenplay with graphic description of sex and violence, you won't find it in my book. If one doesn't like the writing style found in The Chronicles of Narnia or The Brothers Grimm fairy tales, that person probably won't enjoy reading my book. On the other hand, if you're a reader who enjoys reading classical fantasy or the works of Dunsany, Lieber, Tolkien, Lewis, McDonald, and Alexander, I am sure you will have a blast reading my book.

In short, I know my book isn't for everyone. But the vast majority of people who have read The Legend of Witch Bane have not been afraid to say how much they enjoyed it. I hope you all decide to give my book a try. I guess the best way to find out whether my book is for you is to go ahead and download some sample chapters from amazon. Then you can decide for yourself whether or not my book is worth your 99 cents.

Thanks.

Last edited by KevisHendrickson; 04-09-2009 at 03:14 PM.
KevisHendrickson is offline   Reply With Quote