View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 07:31 PM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
...I use my 64GB iPhone for listening to audiobooks. ...I put my books -- all purchased from Audible -- on it through iTunes and then use the Audible app to listen to them....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Primarily I use an iPod Touch (4th gen), almost always with the Audible app....
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
When I'm driving or walking, I listen on my iPod Touch. I am addicted to being able to bump up the speed on the Audible/Overdrive/SmarterPlayer apps. Since I'm lazy, I'll just download a book to the appropriate Audible or Overdrive app, but if I'm running out of time on an Overdrive book, I'll sideload it to the SmarterPlayer app so I can finish it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I have audiobooks on the Audible-app and listen while walking, waiting for bus/plane or doing tedious tasks as watering the garden/removing the weeds, on my iphone 5s with Apple earphones (remote control/mic on the cable, which is very handy)....
Everyone who mentioned using apps on their devices has made me very jealous. The big downside of the iPod nano is that it doesn't run apps, which means for one thing that the books I've bought from Blackstone audio—each in the form of a separate and self-contained iPad app—can't be listened to on the nano. Thankfully I have my trusty iPad on which I can hear those, but who wants to carry around an iPad when taking a walk or working in the yard?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote