View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #39
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Hans:

With all due respect (which, contrary to standard sarcastic internet usage, means you're actually due my respect), I think you're wrong this once. See the article to which I linked before.

Here It Is Again

If I'm missing the point, then The Wall Street Journal has missed the point entirely and were misled by Amazon's Vice President of Enterprise and Education, Raghu Murthi. They were also misled by Caroline Brant, Learning Solutions Director at ROI Training, Inc.

Whatever the reason, Amazon has decided to venture into the world of dynamic content creation this time, and to sell tablets for not only media consumption but business use. Up until now, I'd have characterized the KF as an interactive TV designed to cloud-broadcast Amazon-purchased media. If this and other articles are to be believed, that's no longer the only reason to buy one.
Now this is additional information supporting your view, of course. Which doesn't necessarily mean Amazon want the Fire to be a general use tablet for consumers. Perhaps the business options will push sales figures to a point where a decent ROI on the hardware alone is possible. My personal thinking is, however, that for businesses, the new full Windows tablets seem to be a much better option still.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote