View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by morp View Post
Please, can you give details of what you did to achieve this because the only thing that appear to solve the Qt libs problem at my end is Kiwidude's suggestion of manually copying the files to the installed directory. I tried "cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -G "Visual Studio 10" " but it didn't work.
I don't wish to manually copy the Qt libs but want to build binary Windows installer package with vs2010 which would install and run on a "virgin" machine without asking for Qt lib.
I've never used the Visual Studio method on Windows... only the Windows SDK (nmake) method, but it shouldn't be that much different. If you're trying to create the Sigil installer package, I assume you know that you have to have Inno Setup installed and on the system path (described in the General Notes section of the Sigil "Running form Source" instructions).

Code:
cmake -G "Visual Studio 10" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release /path/to/sigil/code
will create/prep the Visual Studio projects. The default build will simply create the sigil.exe. You need to build the makeinstaller project if you want to create the installer program that includes all the necessary Qt libraries, ckeditor, dictionaries, etc...

I'd also seriously consider using the pre-built Qt libraries for Visual Studio 10 (4.8.2) instead of configuring/compiling your own custom Qt. It's just not necessary to build your own Qt and it might actually cause issues if you don't do it "just right" (plus it takes for-friggin-ever to compile each time—when you inevitably find out you didn't do it right the first time).

Make sure you start from scratch: fresh downloaded and/or extracted source package ... new/empty build directory before running cmake.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-01-2012 at 12:41 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote