View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Seriously, though, the thing that's helped me is to not impulse buy. If I still want something in two weeks or a month (you can work yourself up on the waiting period), then I'll probably actually get some real use out of it. I also find that giving serious thought during that time as to what I'll actually use something for often convinces me not to buy it.
Now that's better

We live in a world where everyone wants everything RIGHT NOW and we waste a lot of money on stuff we never use and create a lot of pollution in the process. People go into debt buying things they don't need because it's the popular thing to do. I know it can be hard to resist but once you conquer it, it'll be forever. It's all about your attitude.

Think of the things you might have done with the money instead, like buy a car, a house, save for retirement, go to college, etc. Think about your time and effort that you've spent working to earn that money, just to blow it on something you don't even use. Think about your values in life. I am not impressed with expensive things, I'm more impressed with people who spend money wisely. I know, it's anti-American, and I don't care.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote