View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Guess I am not as nimble as the rest of the fantasy book readers, although I do not mind the really huge size of the novels, I find it difficult to keep keep up with all of the characters that Greg Martin has in his books (song of Fire and Ice and so on). I need a book series with a simpler cast such as Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth. What do you recommend with a simpler cast?
Maybe the Elizabeth Moon Paksenarrion books? Sheepfarmer's Daugher, Deed of Paksenarrion, and Oath of Gold. I enjoyed those when I read them years ago and I also see she has a couple of new ones set in that world I need to investigate (Oath of Fealty, Kings in the North).

I had the same problem with G.R.R. Martin. He doesn't follow his characters or has too many of them to follow and he doesn't have a coherent plot, IMHO. I got lost and gave up which is a shame because I loved the first book.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote