View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 05:39 PM   #15
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by talaivan View Post
... My one suggestion for improving the 505 is to make it easier and more elegant to find a book among, say, 1000 that you have on the device. Why are the lists of books in such huge type? Why does "Books by Date" list the books by date of installation, not of last reading? The way books are listed is also quite ugly -- why different type sizes, and why so few books per page? Surely this could be fixed easily. At the very least, you should be able to get a list of the last 20 books you've read (all on one page).
  1. The type size in the book list is scaled to fit as much of the title on the line as possible. There is a hack for the 500 that forces all of the titles to a smaller size and makes the screen look a lot better.
  2. There are 10 books per page to correspond with the 10 number keys on the Sony. This allows single key selection once you are on the page of the book you wish to select.
  3. Many people think in terms of "a book I just bought/loaded" or "a book I've had for a long time" so the current date function mimics that thinking. It would be a nice feature to have a "books recently read" function.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote