View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 02:26 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
You originally said,
Quote:
Is there anyway to make it so that Calibre keeps the original file name after converting file format?
The answer to that question is the name is the same before and after the book is converted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemeok View Post
I should add that even when the Save template line is left blank, the output still changes from that of the original file name.
I'm going to try and answer what I think you mean.

When you add a book to calibre the book is stored in the calibre database/library in a manner that uses the metadata you provide to create a file name for the stored book. The file in the calibre database/library is not for public consumption and can not be altered inside the calibre database/library. DO NOT muck with the files in the calibre database/library.

The save template is used to create how the filename will appear when exported from the calibre database/library via the save to disk feature. It is quite flexible. I think you need to let us know how you would like this exported file name to appear.

Bottom line answer to your question is NO (maybe).

NO, Any book added to calibre will be stored/converted using info from the metadata to create the file name and you have no say in how calibre stores/names these files for use withing calibre.

maybe, When exporting any book from calibre the tools in the save template are very flexible and it is quite possible that the template can be adjusted to provide you with a naming structure the same as the original (pre-calibre) name.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote