View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 10:32 PM   #4
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Well, the Kobo devices are designed to display books, and almost no print books are typeset in monospaced fonts.
Additionally, technical books, specifically ones about html, css, programming, etc. use monospace fonts extensively. Although in their case I'm sure they use embedded fonts.

For the stuff I'm doing, public domain books, there have been telegrams and typewritten letters, where it would have been nice if there was a provided monospace font. I could embed a font but one of my goals is to make books that are small, so I don't include images or embedded fonts. And although it's not a top priority, it's also nice if they work on old Kindles that use the old MOBI7 format, which doesn't support embedded fonts; although with monospace on old Kindles maybe the monospace comes out correctly; I haven't checked.

Last edited by lumpynose; 08-25-2019 at 10:35 PM.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote