View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 06:04 PM   #19
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Clearly it put AnotherCat off, but not me. How did everyone else feel about it?
No it was nothing at all to do with any privileged life that put me off, in fact I did not really get the impression from the book that she was especially privileged (and, in fact, I have no idea of her financial situation). Many people I know and who are not priviledged have iPhones, use AccuWeather, fly to San Francisco, have been to Paris, etc., in fact I have done most myself (but never owned an iPhone which certainly cramps my style when out and about not being able to name drop having used one, but mentioning multiple visits to Paris will often save the day ).

It was what caused her to write the way she did and then her doing so that caused my disinterest. I found the documentary film I provided the link to while looking for some background (I haven't watched it) - I don't want to go into the details here but the little I found indicated to me that the cause of her style which I found troubling in the book may have been a matter from within herself.

But, as I said before, I don't know her and I have not read anything else of hers. I am just relating my reaction to this particular book.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 10-25-2019 at 06:10 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote