View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_as_david View Post
The short version of my question: I'm looking for an easy, cross-platform way to accomplish this in a conversion tool I'm writing.
Take a look at ZipArchive. It has both a commercial license and an open source one (GPL).

It's used in Sigil, and I recommend it highly. Works perfectly across Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and the various BSD's.

If your app will be GPL-compatible, feel free to take a look at the patched ZipArchive used in Sigil: it fixes a few bugs related to python generated ZIP files and improves BSD support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
The most common ZIP library is ZLib.
InfoZip is a command line utility that works on both Windows and Linux and produces the expected output.
Zlib is a compression library. It only offers the DEFLATE algorithm used in ZIP, it does *not* understand or provide facilities for the PKZIP format.

You cannot use it (alone) to create a ZIP archive.

Last edited by Valloric; 01-01-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: typo
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote