View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #6
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
1) Everything currently available in full from Baen (400++ books) that isn't an eARC. I'd list books from PG, but they aren't 'purchased.'
2) The ones I got with the $50 early-purchase deal-sweetener (and no more!)
3) Whatever Baen publishes, or makes available for purchase through WebScriptions. That means mostly SF, Fantasy, and a wee bit of non-fiction. I'll start patronizing other publishers when they start offering DRM-free books in formats I can use. Unlike many, I keep books and re-read them, so having DRM turn what should be a purchase into a "temporary purchase" is not acceptable to me.
4) It goes the other way. I buy the bits. Then, if I really like the book I buy the paperback when it comes out. If I think the author walks on water, I buy the hardcover too. But the list of authors I buy in HC is really really short.
5) I picked up the various Flinx books by Alan Dean Foster, and 'The Tales of the Otori' by ??? with my initial $50 credit from Sony. I'll be back for more when they start offering DRM-free books at reasonable prices. Reasonable prices in this context means "below paperback." There's no reason they can't sell at that price and STILL provide a higher royalty to the authors than paper sale does. We have an existance proof, after all -- Baen does this already.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote