View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #14488
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Finished Cocaine Blues and went immediately on to read the next, Flying Too High. I really enjoyed both of them, and I've bought the next couple, taking advantage of Amazon's WhisperSync deal to also buy the Audible versions of them.

The one weakness in these early books is the endings tend to be just a bit too contrived and awkward, and there are always a few more subplots going on than absolutely necessary. Somehow, these faults seem minor in the context of a thoroughly original and enjoyable character. Highly recommended.
And now just finished #3 in the series: Murder on the Ballarat Train.. Still enjoying them immensely, and also the Audible versions of the books, read by Stephanie Daniel.

This is a fun series, and excellent reads, even if you've seen the TV series based on the books. (Not yet available in the US, I fear, but showing here in British Columbia on Knowledge Network). The series, while excellent, is sufficiently different from the books to make both enjoyable.

I'm moving on to the next, Death at Victoria Dock. Probably as an Audible book, primarily, since I have Infinity Hold 3 to read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I just finished Infinity Hold 3. I must say I really enjoyed it. This is around the third or fourth time I have read Infinity Hold and the first time as an ebook. The sequels that are included in Infinity Hold3 were just as good as the original. I would recommend this book to any Sci Fi fan and anyone else who wants a fresh look at law and order.
I just purchased The Admirals: Nimitz, Halsey, Leahy, and King--The Five-Star Admirals Who Won the War at Sea by Walter R. Borneman. So far it is a good read.
Apache
I just borrowed this as an Amazon Prime book. I look forward to it, K for the recommendation.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote