View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #14224
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Finished the latest Mary Russell Garment of Shadows. As Alan says, exciting and suspenseful and very engaging. All in all, delightful. But now I need to decide what to read next. I've got the latest Webscription bundle which has a couple books of interest here, and I've got a bunch of other stuff in my TBR that I really should give a try to. Ah, well, something will catch my fancy tonight.
So, something completely different. I was poking around my TBR, and noticed that I had a copy of Little Women in there. For some reason, that appeals right now, so I'll start that.

Some interesting facts about Little Women that I really didn't pay any attention to when I read this book as a youth. In 1932, somewhat after the book went out of copyright, the original publisher reported selling more than 1.5 Million copies since 1898, thirty years after the initial publication. More interestingly, in a time when the vast majority of book contracts were simple flat fee contracts, Little Women was a royalty book. Overall, an astonishingly successful and influential book for a far larger audience than simply young girls.

I'm quite looking forward to reading this again, since I certainly remember virtually nothing from the original reading.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote