View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
How much can I delete from css?

My main goal is to get nicer mobi out of this epub, but I scrolled and scrolled through the css with it's .p-s and suspicion arose that I don't need them all. Especially as they are all like that (this is most common in-the-middle-of-chapter paragraph):

.p1 {
display: block;
font-family: Times;
font-size: 0.70588em;
font-style: normal;
font-variant: normal;
font-weight: normal;
line-height: 1.2;
margin-bottom: 2px;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
margin-top: 0;
text-align: justify;
text-indent: 1.25%
}

I started to dabble with html only little time ago, so please forgive if it's trivial question.

Why must every paragraph be block?
Font-family - doesn't reader have it's own settings? I personally prefer uniform font in the books I read (Can't have Times ).
Same for size.
Style, variant, weight - won't they be reader's settings?
line-height - again reader's default?
margin-bottom: 2px - I'm not sure if mobi recognizes it
margin-left - reader's settings?
margin-right - reader's settings?
text-align: justify - reader's settings?

I would delete most and leave it like that:

.p1 {
margin-bottom: 2px;
margin-top: 0;
text-indent: 1.25%
}

What bad results could happen?

I don't understand the use of block in the paragraph of the book, and why so much constrictions have to be in the css for ordinary text.
Now at least I see why mobi is so bulky - all this crap is converted to inline for every single paragraph.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote