Thread: eBook compiling
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorkalia View Post
I've been looking for a decent way of making a personal eBook for a while. Since most everything on the web pointed to mobipocket creator, I got that and started making a personal recipe book.
Mobipocket Creator is hopelessly outdated by now and no longer supported. Most self-publishers start out with .html files that they export from Word or LibereOffice and then convert with with Calibre or edit with Sigil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorkalia View Post
So I'm rather lost, as I've lost all of my knowledge on html programming, and never knew Java to begin with. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it, or a different program I might use the files with, or... anything?
If all your recipes are stored in .html files, I'd suggest creating a new ePub with Sigil and converting it with either Calibre or Kindle Previewer:
Simply open Sigil, select Add existing files from the File menu and select all your .html files. Then press F8 to enter book title and author, save the .ePub file and convert it to a .mobi file.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote