View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you ever seen a 5% indent that actually looks good? It doesn't work. It's too big. And the bigger the screen, the bigger the indent.
Do you actually read posts that you quote or do you just skim them? You quoted one of my posts a couple of days ago where I said that I use 5% as my text indent and that I felt they looked great on every reader that I've owned from 5" up to my 9". So, yes, I've seen hundreds of epubs with 5% text indents and I think they look awesome. If I didn't, I wouldn't use it. In that post you proceeded to say "I've seen way too many at something stupid like 5%." It was only a few posts before that you said "Margins as a proportion of the page size is going to be just wrong."

These are the sort of comments that I'm referring to. Stupid, wrong; you like to bandy those words around quite frequently. There are no laws concerning these and these aren't moral issues. There is no wrong or right. There are some best practices to use when making a commercial epub but even they go out the window when you're making something for your own personal use. Anything more is just your opinion. You're certainly entitled to it but you don't need to be so forceful or rude when voicing it.

I've always been impressed with your knowledge. It's just been the way you choose to impart it that gets to me. You're always a much more pleasant person to be around on those rare occasions when you're not voicing your opinion.

- Byron

Last edited by bfollowell; 03-12-2013 at 02:59 PM.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote