View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #152
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Well. that is really up to you. everything you typed about I ASSUME you meant /mnt/us before...

Quote:
"then gets picture from usr/bin/pictures "
err no /mnt/us/something...

I did highlight those important paths in the original script.

Personally, I have amended the kindle system path to include the /mnt/us/usr/bin/blah stuff

(as outlined http://minimodding.com/article9-Kind...ng-custom-apps)

did you try PATH=$PATH:/mnt/us/usr/bin rungame

You can affect the environment variables at runtime by putting it before the call.

TBH It's a basic script. ignore the top bit.

just the bottom few lines actually matter.

check you DO have the stuff in either /mnt/us/fbgnuboy/here
(I honestly don't have that but that's the default "install location" IIRC)

It just a) sets up lots of logic to handle crappy screen printing.

b) prints out the results of an ls command (in roms dir)
(piped through sed to get rid of suffixes)

b2) freezes cvm and launchpad to stop key presses effing stuff up)

c) waits for you to type something

d) uses eips to put piccy on screen (from wherever - it doesn't matter)

e) call fbgnuboy (now we have enough info to start a game) with the typed command argument (actually back-converted into the filename)

e2) unfreeze cvm etc on exit and push some HOME button clicks to key buffer to refresh screen (and hide horrid key buffer that spews out at the end)

Where the stuff is really doesnt matter. as long as it is all where you SAY it should be in the script.

If in doubt just shove it all in one folder (other than the rom maybe, make that a subdir) and reference the whole shebang like "dot forward slash blah"

as in ./gb-splash.jpg ./this ./that ./theotherthing -
ALSO adjust the cd /mnt/us/here/or/something... half way down the file.

HTH

TL;DR??

Shove them all together. reference locally. change to directory before execution if in doubt. etc. HTH

Last edited by twobob; 11-25-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: those important paths
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote