View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #18
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
6. Universal Orientation (Landscape home screen):
The existing landscape hacks don't apply on the home screen, BUT in one of my restarts, I noticed for a very short time, the home screen was displayed in landscape mode; so I guess it's possible.

Update: I made a simple extension that does EXACTLY this. All credits go to eureka. Just extract the attached file in your extension folder.

Known issues:
Screensavers are by default 600x800. I have a KT3G-SO, so when it goes to sleep I see the ad improperly but it doesn't bother me at all. Well I don't want to disable ads or alter my Kindle to show customized 800x600 ads because I like Amazon and it is not fair. All in all I'm happy with it.
Attached Files
File Type: rar universal-orientation.rar (1.2 KB, 253 views)

Last edited by thatworkshop; 02-23-2012 at 03:55 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote