View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookie View Post
So I just got my XO-1 through the Give One Get One program at Laptopgiving.org and have been playing a bit with the e-reader. Its pretty decent and in B&W mode the screen has better resolution (but the same pixel count) as the iREX Iliad.

I'm particularly interested in putting together a set of e-books that would be helpful for kids (and their parents) in nations where they might have an XO-1 given to them. So things like text books, "classics" (I'm scrounging titles from the PG archives), and Independent study books I think are all good candidates.

--Chuck
That didn't really answer your question did it? Sorry.

The current plan is to wait and see how many XOs show up here, and how useful the device is as an ebook reader.

It's really not more of an ebook reader than a PDA or UMPC, not yet.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote