View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #81
aecardenas
Kafkaesque
aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidslumber View Post
I understand that Amazon has to cater to all tastes, within reason, but there should be some separation of the 'adult' material from the rest of the catalog.

My beef is that I write bedtime stories. A search of 'bedtime stories' at Amazon will throw up children's bedtime stories and a awful lot of erotica, including s/m (by which time I feel like throwing up). n:

In a nutshell, I think that customers should have to explicitly enable adult material in their search preferences.
That type of scenario is really embarrassing and unnecessary, i agree. Amazon should have a better search criteria protocol or something. I do feel that a rating system like on movies, TV and comic books would at the very least categorize books so that they are more searchable and filterable. No censorship, but definitely more categorization to help with organizing everything and getting the right book to the right audience.
aecardenas is offline   Reply With Quote