Thread: Discoverability
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #28
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Sure. I can agree with that. Because that's totally different than calling someone a liar. "Calling someone a liar" is actually predicated on the notion that the word "liar" is in fact spoken or typed. Suggesting someone has misrepresented a fact is not the same thing at all.
And usually it's an active statement rather than a passive one. A fact can be untrue or inaccurate without the person who talks of it being a liar themselves. They could be misinformed or someone else could have misrepresented the facts to them either on purpose or accidentally.

I think an example would be if I told you that I had $8 million in the bank. Now if I know that I don't really have 8 million dollars in the bank then I will have lied, but if I have been led to believe that $8 million is coming to me as a result of some business deal (say in real estate) and I haven't checked my bank balance I may be wrong about what I have in the bank but I myself haven't lied about it. Someone else may have lied to me, but I myself haven't done so.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote