View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 09:38 AM   #73
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Indeed, each to their own. Personally I think Lustbader's early fantasy contained the same natural inspiration as Howard's Conan, and Lustbader was much better at maintaining that quality across a full novel than Howard.
Well aside from two very different writers writing in different eras, I thought the few novels Howard did were pretty good. I expect they may have gotten even better, but tragically as most of us know and lament, his life ended way too soon.

Quote:
I think good prose is like a distinct vocalist. It's a bit like Harrison's Viriconium, but I dunno, I find Harrison seems to speak wonderfully, but says not much at the end.
I like quite a bit of Harry Harrison, including his Viriconium novels, and especially his Eden series and The Stainless Steel Rat .... another great anti-hero.

Quote:
Anyway, each to their own.
Indeed.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote