View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
E-book writes its 2nd chapter, ITnews AU

Thought this article from ITnews Australia is quite interesting...

Quote:
Digital restrictions management: help or hindrance to the spread of e-books?

Help, because publishers require it to enter the e-book market, and we need the publishers / their content to make e-books successful; hindrance, because honest customers feel cheated and limited in their rights. Eventually, as e-books will move up the maturity curve and publishers won't have a choice but embrace them, DRM will disappear - just as it did for music from the iTunes store - allowing the consumer to be the judge of what's right and what's wrong, a flexibility that DRM couldn't.
I still believe that DRM is evil and unecessary but the above is quite relevant and quite possibly the way it might pan out eventually. There is no mention of geographic restrictions which may well shape up to be a bigger issue (at least for me) than DRM.

I have narrowed the contenders for my first dedicated ereader to the Onyx Boox 60 and the Kindle 2. The Boox does more for only a little extra in cost, so it is edging ahead. But all these new offerings just over the horizon.....

Cheers

Mike
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote