View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
dugbug
Addict
dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle
I want this to work, but its a little different than the ipod. People buy dozens of songs a month, I doubt they will buy that many books. Lets think about what music means to us vs our books.

Music is essentially omnipresent. We purchase songs and listen to them constantly, while performing various other actions such as work or exercise. How many times will you read a book, and when? You will likely only read a book once, and have to dedicate yourself 100% while you do it (ie, you aren't driving while you read). Music consumers will buy 10 songs and add them to his/her "song pool", which complement their lives.

Now look at the energy that goes into writing a song vs a book. Its very expensive (time consuming) to write a book. Im a book guy, but I have purchased over 50 songs on my ipod from the last two years. No way Ill ever buy that many books in that same timeframe.

I think there is a market for this, but it won't see itunes numbers.

-d
dugbug is offline   Reply With Quote