View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_u View Post
How can I have chapters start on a new page, but keep the TOC as a list?
That's easy: simply use different styles for the chapter headings in the TOC, because the same style that ensures that chapters start on a new page will also display each TOC heading on a separate page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_u View Post
I'm no html or css expert and have been copying and pasting for the most part and using Calibre to 'tweak' my files.
You may want to give Sigil a try; it's much better suited for ePub fine tuning than Calibre. (Use the Kindle Unpack Calibre plug-in to generate an ePub from your Kindle book.)

Also Sigil can automatically generate an HTML TOC for you without these problems, provided your book has an .NCX toc. (If it doesn't, you can generate one with Sigil, too, if you used heading tags (h1..h6) for headings.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote