View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #184
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
It was my understanding the initial reviewer never actually reviewed the book. She said it too closely resembled the fanfic for her taste and posted excerpts of both to show why she was DNFing it. Then the author's fans went after the "reviewer" demanding "legal proof". The author's original editor chimed in to say that she had pointed out the seemingly plagiarized content to the author and when the author wouldn't change things withdrew from the project.

As with other plagiarism allegations in the past, it has now come out the author possibly plagiarized from multiple sources (in this case fanfics) not just one. Not sure what excerpts you read, but the ones I saw seem obviously copied.

ETA: I did not see what was posted on Goodreads, just what was posted on various blogs.
Yeah but I have to see the two original sources before I can come to conclusion for my own. So many things can be edited or twisted and people just run with it.

The ones you probably saw are copied from a review. I wish Jane would run both sources through her software now I would accept that as proof.

I've been on the internet long enough not to draw conclusions unless I see actually valid proof. Like the last case with that Jordan guy I had read both books so it's was plain as day everything had been copied. This case I can't say who is right or wrong yet.

As for the former Editor we have no proof that they are actually really was the editor for her books or if she doesn't have a ax to grind.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-26-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote