View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #21307
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I can NOT believe that I did this... I shot about 100 images on today's ride. Some of them came out very nicely too. I looked at them while they were on the memory card, then I began to process them in Photoshop. I shoot in the "Raw" format, and need to adjust levels, crop, etc., and then convert then into .tif format. I did 5 images, then broke for dinner. After dinner I sat down at the computer to finish the work, but notice that I had left the memory card still plugged into the card reader. I took it out, put it back into the camera, and as I always do, re-formatted the card, clearing it for the next days work. I went back to the computer, opened Photoshop, went to the drive where I saved the raw files... Oh oh... I didn't save the raw files. But I ALWAYS save the files before I work on them... Not this time. I was working on them and saving them back into the memory card... The same memory card that I just formatted... I can NOT believe that I did this to myself. Thank God there are recovery programs to protect fools such as me!

Stitchawl
You poor baby! Missed one step in the process and whooska! Thanks for reminding us all to save copies across to the hard drive before we start anything.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote