View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #223
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyor View Post
Are you a paid advertiser of Sony? If so, I welcome you! Would show a level of interest I'd be excited about!

But seriously, while you argue well, your so intent on pursuing your agenda that you're dismissing the majority of the information discussed here, to a level that's almost approaching denial.
Because I am running against the grain of this thread, I must be paid by Sony? Seriously? Sheesh.

I find this totally astounding to be honest. Even after I posted that all Reader were in stock, with links proving such, my post was dismissed as foolish. And that post completely contradicted all "anecdotal" evidence presented about Sony Style previously.

And said "anecdotal" evidence is still being referred to as though it's true, even though it was proven false!

And I am the one with the agenda. Sheesh.

Quote:
It reminds me of a humorous sketch with a cook, he drops a steak dinner on the floor muttering "5 second rule, its still good, it's still good", a dog comes and starts biting the steak "just a little moist, it's still good, it's still good", it combusts "just a little smoked, it's still good, it's still good". etc.

We see the same here. Sony are disinvesting themselves of retailers and stock, it's still good, it's still good. Sony are not renewing stocks of accessories even on their own site, it's still good, it's still good. Sony are not renewing stock of the READERS themselves on their OWN website, it's still good, it's still good.
I find it funny that you have twice resorted to purely insulting rhetorical responses.

And you do so with untrue assertions.

Many retailers are selling the PRS-350, even Target who pulled them from B&M over a year ago have them online. The only mainstream retailer verified to discontinue Readers is Best Buy.

Last week, every Reader was in stock. This week, they are out of stock. Is there some event happening in the US that could cause this? It's almost like there is a celebration for a specific demographic that might be interested in reading... a day set aside just for them... Nah...

Ironically, when the Readers were in stock last week, one person posted that it was bad because of too much stock (ie no sales). They sell out a few days before Father's Day, and it's bad because there's no stock!

And I have an agenda, and get a funny story.

Quote:
Whats left of Sony's reader business? They are only selling the 350 on their website, a severely reduced collection of accessories and what's left of their stock in assorted retail stores which are rapidly running out. That's it.

But according to you, they are so successfull you're comparing them to Apple. Sony's READER market, doesnt have what Apple has, a successfull perpertuating eco system and a brand awareness so huge that people are selling their liver for their product.

Regardless of technology, this being a niche market and Sony apparantly being the 3rd best selling Ereader a year ago. They NEED to actually sell their readers, or they will be the 3rd best selling nothing.
*Sigh* Somebody needs to read a little about history of computing. Particularly the late '80s through the '90s.

Someone also needs to understand that going from total stock (except for one color of one model) to no stock suggests they are selling well. Wait, I forgot! Stock is bad. No stock is bad! It's all bad!

Sheesh.

-Pie

Last edited by EatingPie; 06-16-2011 at 10:14 PM.
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote