View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
I was in the same spot as you last month and chose Kobo. These were the my findings.
Kobo page turns a tad slower..
Kobo versatitily much much higher, ability to drag and drop epubs, non proprietary material, which was really really hard on the Nook. Books had to loaded through their library system controlled by B & N.. (that killed it for me )
Kobo had an externally accessible SD card slot taking up to 4 gigs or so. Books can be loaded onto sd card from computer slot, then just popped in Kobo with out all of that syncing to proprietary programs that controlled one's library. Nook SD had to have back of ereader removed to be installed. A once or twice thing only, not a way to load ebooks.
Kobo screen slightly larger.
Kobo e ink clarity the same.
Kobo light weight and rubberzied back really nice.
Keep in mind I"m not a techie and could be slightly off on some of my findings, but these were what was presented to me and what I"ve found with my Kobo which I''m really pleased with.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote