View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Interesting article which says it all. I too love bookstores and love browsing them, but it's the reading experience that I'm after. I have always used my local library to feed my habit, could never afford to buy pbooks to do it, and generally don't want to keep a book after I've read it any way. The exception is a book on some activity or hobby that I pursue, than I'll buy the book because I know I want to use it often and it probably has big colour pictures that I want too. Unless the ereader is as big as a book it won't be able to display pictures as well as a pbook and that would defeat the purpose for me, which is to have lots of books in a small device. I'm also unconvinced that it's ebooks which are hurting bookshops, it's the availability of cheap pbooks on line that's having the biggest effect, at least where I live. And I still use the library a lot too, that's not just cheap it's free.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote