View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #15
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
I've read around 60 books this year according to the reviews I've posted on LibraryThing (maybe more, maybe less - I'm going by review date). I know there's some books I haven't posted reviews for (the online titles I've been reading on the Faded Page website - Neville Shute and Arthur Ransome among others), but I've reviewed them elsewhere. (In some cases, I don't own the book so I wouldn't post the review on LT - that's for books I own.)

At the moment, I've a fair amount of time on my hands and can spend around 6 hours a day reading (which is all to the good as it means I'm not out spending money). Like others, I'm a fast reader - a 1980s mass market paperback I can finish in a couple of hours. A doorstep will take 4-6 hours. (It used to be a problem packing sufficient reading material for a 2 week beach holiday.) Even in work, I can still finish 2 or 3 books a week (although if the latest job comes up I won't be able to read on the commute as it's by bus and I get travel sick if I try and read in a motor vehicle.)

I've always been a reader; I would read in preference to doing anything else (much to my mother's annoyance). My Dad was the same - I can remember him sitting with his back to the window with a book in front of him and a pot of coffee and a packet of cigarettes at his side.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote