View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 07:24 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Thanks for jumping in, issybird. A question for the group -- are we limiting this to only books in the PCML, or would any public domain book be acceptable assuming it would be eligible for the PCML? (I don't have a particular book in mind, just asking at this point. But I know some books would qualify that I don't have time or energy to go through and edit pursuant to uploading them here.
Just speaking as a member of the group, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I have no particular objection to qualifying books and maybe it would get uploaded once nominated, which would be a good thing. On the other, at least to an extent this category is meant to showcase our library and it's also good to think that for this one month, the books are everywhere accessible* and free.

So all of that said, I personally see no reason not to go by our usual practice of letting people nominate what they will on the assumption that it will shake out in the nominating/voting process. But if Tom sees this and wants to issue a ruling, that would be good, too!

*Some books in the PCML may not be in the US public domain.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote