View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 07:37 AM   #1
Jon2555
Jon2555 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Thumbs up [SOLVED]Onyx Boox Note bootloop problem

Update - Booxtor helped me solve the problem and he also told me right steps how to access recovery:

Quote:
1. connect to PC via USB
2. Press the button below the screen (exit button) and keep it pressed. Press the power button and hold for approx. 10 seconds (to reset and reboot the Note). The LED should go off and light up again. Then release the power button and continue holding the exit button (under the screen) for 3-4 seconds . By releasing the button, you should be able to see that the device was launched in the recovery mode.
From there you can manually update firmware or factory reset your device. If you have some bigger problem I suggest you to contact Booxtor right away because I didn't have luck with other supports.

Below is the original problem if someone ends up in the same situation.

Spoiler:
Help needed here guys,

I successfully rooted my Note device with KingRoot(several posts already points it out) and when tried to install Xposed Framework manually I ended up in a bootloop...I foolishly forgot to turn usb debugging on and now I can only access recovery mode.
Quote:
I wasted several hours finding right button combination because everything I saw on Internet wasn't working. So here is brief procedure what I did if anyone has the same problem: while booting with usb cable INSERTED, I was HOLDING power OR back button(press and hold back button after 'ONYX' splash screen because if you hold it before inserting usb cable you will end up in download mode) until purple light appeared(led indicator next to power button) when I RELEASED power OR back button VERY QUICKLY and entered recovery. I don't know if it's intended that way but acting on purple light is matter of blink of an eye. It gave me a ton of trouble until I found out that was the trick.
Then, I tried to sideload only two official firmwares that I found
(Chinese: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...74#post3700174 and
Russian: https://onyx-boox.ru/support/boox_note)
but I got wrong signature error.

After that, I contacted three supports I could find(ereader.store, where I had bought my Note, onyx-boox.com and boox.com) but only Russian guy from boox.com replied. He said that I will be contacted soon from sales office about restoring my device. Thee days passed and I'm still waiting for response.

So I decided to ask for help here. Does anyone knows where can I find right official firmware? And why only Note doesn't have english fimware version available for download? Is that connected with delivery problems?

Anyways, I will be glad if anyone helps me.

Last edited by Jon2555; 06-18-2018 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Problem solved
Jon2555 is offline   Reply With Quote