View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 03:40 PM   #13
TheRealJohnAdams
Enthusiast
TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
A few people now have mentioned tables. I tried that as well, but at least on my Oasis, using a table—even a small one—results in a clickable button on the page itself. The button brings up table controls (e.g. zoom) and is intended to make it easier to read tabular data in an ebook. But since my goal is the elegant presentation of a paragraph of text, having a button pop up would defeat the point.

Is there a way to disable that button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
I was wondering if there's some way to control for each item what what a list (ol, ul) uses instead of the bullet or number. I looked but didn't find anything.

My other idea was a definition list (dl, dd, dt). I didn't find anything for that either.
Good instinct—that would be "list-style-type." In my case, I would want:

Code:
p.listlike {
  display: list-item;
  list-style-type: 'V.'
}
("display: list-item" means "treat this item as if it were in a list," which lets us (a) use tags that are appropriate for the type of content, i.e. <p> rather than <li>, and (b) avoid all the <ul> or <ol> cruft.) Unfortunately, Kindle supports a fairly limited set of list-style-type values and does not support strings.
TheRealJohnAdams is offline   Reply With Quote