View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 12:25 PM   #7
TheRealJohnAdams
Enthusiast
TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
** WARNING ** The solution doesn't work for the KF7 format, but should work for .kf8 and .KFX and ADE.

In your .xhtml file write the following:

Code:
  <p>This is the lengthy prayer that will be followed by a versicle and response. It is flush left because I did not set a hanging indent.</p>

<p class="hanging">V.<span class="preserve">&#x2002;&#x2002;&#x2002;&#x2002;</span>This is the versicle. Observe how, apart from the V. tag, the left margin is flush. In Microsoft Word, this is achieved by setting a hanging indent, typing "V.", and then pressing "tab."</p>

<p class="hanging italic">R.<span class="preserve">&#x2002;&#x2002;&#x2002;&#x2002;</span>This is the response. It, too, has a flush left margin.</p>
And in your .css file write:

Code:
p {
   text-indent: 0;
   text-align: justify;
}

.hanging {
   text-indent: -3em;
   margin-left: 3em;
}

.italic {
   font-style: italic;
}

.preserve {
   white-space: pre;
}
Here you can see how it looks as .KFX:

Attachment 179326

and here as .epub:

Attachment 179327

I can't attach the .kfx output but is ok. Below you can check the respective .epub.

Regards
Rubén

PS: Note to the administers of the site: maybe could be a good idea to allow to upload .kfx files. I wanted to upload one, and I receive the message of format not allowed.
That looks really good! Did you pick the number of en spaces manually based on the width of the "V." and "R.", or is there something about whitespace: pre that makes it line up correctly?
TheRealJohnAdams is offline   Reply With Quote