View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 06:49 PM   #371
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagmic1 View Post
thanks a lot mr daviflor but it doesnt work for me i don't know why
my sd card was 4 giga
i just done : sudo dd if=glo_factory_serial0.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4M && sync
as i always do with linux distro (i am under debian) and i can see the firmare install in the card
but my glo don't boot
The command looks OK and if you can view the root partition on the device afterwards, it should be OK. But, I'm by no means an expert on that side of things.

You should check the card is inserted correctly and the cables are all connected. I've done both of those and wasted far to much time before I remembered to check. And check the switch. You shouldn't have needed to pull it apart, but, it can get out of alignment when opening the device. Done that as well.

But, what does happen? Does the power LED turn on? Or flash? Screen change? Anything? If it seems to be starting, then do the manual factory reset. If it seems to be starting, try a manual factory reset. That can fix things and is probably a good idea anyway.