View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Now I understand the VPN setting in iMail

This discussion was very helpful to me. Thanks everyone.

I'm new to Apple products. Of course I've heard the claims that Apple products are immune to malware but I also keep hearing conflicting information. This article in PC World, a US based magazine, suggests using a VPN even with an iPod Touch/iPhone when sending mail in from a public Wifi connection.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._spx_h_cbintro

If intercepting my messages is the only worry (I don't have a VPN) then I seemingly don't have any worries. I will certainly avoid commercial transactions--especially banking--from a coffee shop, although I imagine connections to the iTunes store are safe.

Thanks again. This thread has been a big relief.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote