View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 02:33 AM   #10
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbloom View Post
Good points, above, HC, re how our brain updates all along the life curve (hopefully) -- although -- SIGH -- they say brain begins to lose brain cells after age 19 !!! -- ......

One quick question for you, re "I have to agree that when I write things, I seem to do a better job of editing and catching faux pas when I am looking at paper rather than a computer screen"...

Why do you think that is? I experience the same thing, too. But I cannot explain it. Any ideas?

I don't have any better ideas than to fall back on the reasons cited for eInk allegedly being better than computer screens for electronic books--Perhaps the brain has to work a little harder on a backlit screen, and our reading comprehension suffers because of the distraction.

I'm old enough (same age as Madonna and Michael Jackson!) that I had firmly learned my reading habits long before I ever dreamed of reading on a computer screen. It may be that for younger people who grew up reading regularly on a screen, they don't have that issue. Anyone under 30 out there who wants to give their experience?
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote