View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
In fact, the jetBook has very limited font support
Can you select between serif and san-serif fonts for ePubs? User-selectable default fonts for ePubs is a capability that Adobe Digital Editions does not have.

User-selectable fonts are supported by FBReader (which the jetBook may be based on), although FBReader for ePubs probably always uses the user-selected font for everything. It definitely does not support embedded fonts, but I'm not sure about named fonts that are already in its, system provided, list of known fonts.

I have a simple test ePub in What's the default ADE font?. When I try it using desktop FBReader, serif, sans-serif and monospace are all displayed in FBReader's single user-selected font but bold, italic and italic-bold all work. I don't know if FBReader is "faking" bold and italic (as ADE is doing) or using the packaged bold versions where available.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote