Thread: Broken DR
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
Grimulkan
Lord
Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Q1 (on way out), PRS505, DR1000S (dead :<), TC1100 (10'' perfection!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Don't despair just yet.

I got my old Sony PRS 500 out from the box where it had been reposing for the last six months, opened the cover, and saw a very similar picture.
"Oh Noooo!," I thought. "It must be a broken screen substrate."

However, I tried a long mains recharge (overnight) and the pattern vanished. The device is now working as well as ever it did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
Looks like my original Sony Reader screen after a little accident (as dismayed as I was that it didn't survive, it was pretty obvious where the damage came from)

My DR1000 displayed strange lines after a long period of disuse, but after recharging and quite a few refreshes (!), they finally disappeared. I'm afraid though that Grimulkan's screenshot indicates something more serious...
allovertheglobe is probably right, unfortunately Although I didn't expect it to work, I did try charging the device completely and had it boot up/shut down several times, all to no avail. I think this has effectively ended my DR adventure, it was great while it lasted.
Grimulkan is offline   Reply With Quote