View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #16
tibiafry
Enthusiast
tibiafry has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i think the best way for a publisher to succeed in ebooks is to concentrate on giving the best possible experience to their paying customers : that means reasonable prices and no drm.
Problem 1: "reasonable price". Who tells what is a reasonable price? The publishing company? The author? The buyer?

We already (and haven't started comercializing yet!) recieved a lot of negative feedback on the price our ebooks have, and they already don't know what price it has! (LOL? WTF?).

So, I'm assuming, that we can't have that requisite. Customers will allways feel that the ebooks are too expensive.

Problem 2: You all said your point of view on why would you pay instead getting it for free. Let me be simple: this is how people works. Stephen King had an idea some time ago. He offered a Novel by chapters on the net. You could just read the chapter for free or pay for it. Mr King said, if more than 50% of the people pays for a chapter, I'll write the next one. Guess how many chapters he wrote? Yes, you got it!

So let's assume and be realistic that most of the people will get things for free if they can.

The Potter digital thing, just confirms it. What would a "legal" person do if he can't get a legal electronic copy of the book? I guess the answer isn't geting a pirated ilegal version, isn't it?

I'm sorry my point of view differs, but I guess I live from this thing, and I expected to live forever before all this thing of the digital era came threatening my job (and I promise you I'm not "rich", I have bank mortages like all of you, etc).
tibiafry is offline   Reply With Quote