View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 06:20 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I appreciate that others may like this capacity, but in looking up words, I use an electronic dictionary - takes a few seconds and keeps me off the web. I'd rather imagine the places depicted in the novel than know exactly what they look like. The pictures in my head are what I want them to be.
It's worth pointing out that many modern eInk devices - especially the Kindle and the modern Sony devices - have very good dictionaries built-in, so no need to go online to look up words. Nothing along the lines of the proper OED, of course, but still fine simply to find the meaning of a word you're unfamiliar with.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote