View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by redryder View Post
I have the Kindle 3, which sadly is underused. I basically only use it when I’m on business travel, can’t find time to read when I’m at home. Since I read in a hotel room or plane, I don’t have a problem with the lighting.

For me, the attraction of the Paperwhite is nothing to do with the light. What makes me want to upgrade is - more fonts, higher dpi (squeezing more text on a page), and the touch interface. I am sick of using the keyboard to navigate, it’s a pain when organizing collections.

Do you think I should upgrade?
There are a few threads in here of customers who received faulty displays, that I would recommend you read through, just to determine if you could live with screen defects. If you don't have very good eyesight, you may very well be happy with the first unit you receive, but otherwise you may end up regretting ordering one.
There is a pretty large issue with them, and it could well be that Amazon will update the PW sooner than normally, or improve their manufacturing or QC process. While I LOVE the new interface, I would not recommend an upgrade at this point just yet. Wait until they fixed the screen issues. I am caught in a loop of replacements myself, and wish I had never even touched one. Now that I have seen the interface, I am still hanging on to the hope that I will get two good screens.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote