View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #407
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I think it might actually be changes to Kindlegen that have broken the cover functionality. I don't think the EmbeddedCover meta-tag is valid any more.

The following quick mods (attached patch) to the mobi_opf.py file seems to get the cover functionality going again for unpacked MOBI6/7 files fed right back to the latest versions of Kindlegen ... but it's only intended as proof of concept, and could very well break something else.

Basically, instead of the EmbeddedCover meta tag pointing directly to the cover image file, it (Kindlegen) is expecting the format of:
Code:
<meta name="cover" content="cover_img" />
and then the standard matching, manifested image file in the spine:
Code:
<item id="cover_img" media-type="image/jpeg" href="images/image00001.jpeg" />
That might actually simplify some of the MOBI/KF8 logic in the mobi_opf.py file, I should think.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mobi_opf_patch.zip (441 Bytes, 267 views)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-19-2012 at 05:06 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote