View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #13
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Mine is in the same state. I lodged an email with them yesterday and then called earlier today. On the phone, they were making it seem like this is such a unique issue until I said that I had come across a number of people on this forum who were also suffering the same fate. The lady quickly admitted that they were experiencing problems with this latest update and she has elevated my email to Tier 2. Since Tier 2 support is as common as unicorns on my back lawn, I'm not holding my breath.

I really wonder where Kobo management's heads are at . You know, the first thing I did after submitting my email to support was to start researching other ebook readers (here in Oz, Dick Smith's carry the Kindle Touch in store). How many users face issues such as this, submit emails to support and are left thinking they may have done something wrong, that Kobo doesn't believe they have a real problem with their device or just leave use waiting for this mythical Tier 2 support. Those people are going to start looking at competing devices and some will make the jump. If Kobo loses them, it isn't the cost of the reader so much as it is future book revenues that won't come back or have I misunderstood the business model? What Kobo needs to do is to make a statement about this issue so that those of us with Kobo bricks, know that Kobo know the problem exists and are working on a solution. The worst thing they could do is say nothing.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote