View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #21
Magnus
Enthusiast
Magnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
It's sad that BN refuses to recognize the design deficiency in their USB connector. Many of us have phones, tablets, cameras, mp3 players, etc., that come with mini- or micro-usb connectors, and we don't see breakage on these other devices. That experience rules out "abuse" or "normal wear and tear".

The NC has the only hard, brittle plastic device among all the connectors I use. All the others have some level of flex in the end pieces.

Unless I need a quick charge, I use my phone cable to charge my NC to avoid breakage. I hope that someone finds a durable after-market cable that is comparable in charging performance to the OEM. I've written Monoprice suggesting they add such to their line. Maybe of others here do the same, we will have a more affordable (one time) replacement cable.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote