View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #665
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
i preordered Kindle Touch 3G but I may cancel, depending on how the T1 pans out. Sony's not really a bookseller.. I wonder if it would be possible for Sony to focus on the hardware, but provide sort of an android e-ink reader that people can put all sorts of reading apps on (Kindle, B&N, Google books, etc). I would love something like that, and maybe the T1 will be able to do that with some creative modification?

It would be nice if Sony actually went in that direction though. Or is that a completely harebrained idea?
I agree about Sony. They are not at all known as a bookseller, which is why Amazon owned the market from Kindle 1, Day 1.

With all the speculation about Android, I hadn't realized this meant every possible book reader could be made for the device. Do B&N, Kindle and Sony Reader apps all have Android incarnations?

What you are talking about is breaking the Device/Store lock-in that exists on all devices. I fully advocate such a break, and think it's absolutely terrible it has continued this long. Damn iTunes/iPod all to hell for it! (And irony of ironies, the iPod plays tons of formats even though they popularized this lock-in model.)

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote