View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #60
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-novice View Post
I cannot imagine that any reader would knowingly and willingly use Bookshout App for anything at all.

As others have said, there are many other platforms to use to buy and read our books.
I used it unwillingly because I earned a free ebook copy of The House with a Clock in Its Walls from Regal Cinema after seeing the movie. (Even though I already had a copy via Amazon or Nook or something. And a paper copy. ) But I downloaded the app only after the Harlequin thing.

It's yet another ebook app I don't need because there are many better ones. It ran smoothly I guess? The books actually opened in it, without telling me the books weren't authorized and forcing me to authorize them yet again (hello Overdrive and Libby). Other than that, the only "advantage" is that if you read four books in the app, you'll get a discount or free book or something. But considering how much they will get for spying on your reading habits, they should be paying me. :P
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote